I should have written this one before the last, I didn't realize that I had written it before the "No Wheels" issue was resolved.
To continue: We tried to borrow my brother's car, but our luck with cars continued to be BAD. We got maybe a mile from his house when the car (a '77 Plymouth Volare station wagon which looked just like the one Amanda King drove in "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" drove), died! It would not start, but fortunately dh thought he knew what the problem was: a ballast resistor!" Drove to our local NAPA Auto Parts store and bought a new one ($3.59--best bargain of the week). DH replaced it--it started and ran great! However, the brakes were not very good and dh refused to let me drive it. We returned it to his driveway, and I was carless once more.
The next day I took one of the twins to work and borrowed her car. That evening we got a call that my car was ready--and it was only going to cost $145. Second bargain of the week, although that $3.59 isn't going to be beat any time soon.
By Saturday dh had figured out what was wrong with his pickup and had repaired it. Two weeks after our saga had begun, all cars were up and running, and we are now hundreds of dollars poorer, what with all the repairs and lost time from work.
Hope that is it for a while. Knock on Wood!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment